Prep, Hunker, Recover
Weather The Storm
We’re in this Together
Get started with these hurricane basics from Ready.gov.
Before the Storm
Have on these on-hand to batten down the hatches in a snap.
• Storm shutters
• Storm shutter hinges
• Battery-powered CO alarm
• Plywood, boards for windows
• Install wastewater check valves
• Wrench or pliers at utility shut-offs
• Plastic sheeting, tarps, heavy-duty garbage bags
Stash essentials ahead of time so you can grab & go.
• First aid kit
• Clothing & bedding
• Pet food & supplies
• Food, water & utensils
• Prescription medications
• Extra glasses, contacts & solution
• Baby supplies: Formula & water, diapers, etc.
• Waterproof containers for important documents
• Sanitation needs (toilet paper, soap, etc.)
After the Storm
Be self-sufficient while recovery efforts mobilize.
• Duct tape
• Grills, fuel
• Dust masks
• Fire extinguisher
• Flashlights & batteries
• Rakes, shovels, chain saws
• Matches in waterproof container
• Hand-crank or battery-powered radio
• Cell charger & backup battery
• Generator, fuel, gas cans & extension cords
• Water for 3 days — 1 gallon per person per day
• Food for 3 days — nonperishable